Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Class


Welcome to my blog!


This is my first post of many so here goes...

Ill start off by saying I am coming into this class with  fairly low expectations that I will gain any new knowledge or some info that is going to "open my my eyes" for many reasons. I have lived in Bonita Springs my entire life and enjoy doing all sorts of outdoor activities, so in terms of info on wildlife/habitats I have a pretty good background in the subject. Next being that I have lived in the area for all of my life and attended school in the area we were all taught about our local ecosystem and ways we as humans are impacting it so I just feel like its going to be more of the same stuff I have been taught since grade school. Finally this course is required by the university.... I understand what the principal of this class is to expose students from all disciplines to things they may have not heard of before, but as a civil engineering student we have to take so many classes on environmental impacts that go in so much more depth than this class will that we only need to take one or two more classes to graduate with a minor in environmental engineering. I just feel like this class and "Understanding Visual and Performing Arts" are going to be one and the same; save this one you go on field trips.

Now even after all this I will try and get as much as I can out of this course. Since I am here may as well try to enjoy it, and who knows I may learn a little something.


Mahi Mahi (Dolphin) that I caught in the Florida Keys

Picture of a Bull Shark that I took this summer 


Me cocking my spear gun

Me with a Red Grouper that I had Speared

Fishing In the Gulf Of Mexico

My Fish From that Day



Picture of a school of Goliath Grouper (Jew Fish) on a wreck that I took this summer.

   

1 comment:

  1. Kyle, I loved your pictures! I spend a lot of time in Islamarada every winter break. I didn't go fishing this time because I read a book about how deleted the big fish are becomming. And I don't "love it" enough to spend all that money.I did snorkel twice though and I loved it.
    Please contribute your knowledge of the Florida environment to all of us in the class, so we can learn from you.

    Thanks,
    Prof Hoek

    ReplyDelete