Monday, April 22, 2013

Lee County Waste Management

This field trip was also one of the more interesting, both in content and getting there... at first when we got to the facility we got lost and drove around the entire place with three other cars following us... we eventually found where we needed to go after one of the employees told us where the guest parking for the tours would be. Once we finally did get parked and walked to where we were supposed to meet we went upstairs for a little presentation on the recycling facility.

I found the presentation to be very interesting, I did not realize that the facilitates in Lee county were something that would qualify as world class, our facility is something that other countries in the world use as a standard to develop their own waste management centers.  I wish were able to take us on a tour of that facility as the did with the waste management building.

The Presentation in the Garbage waste plant was equally as interesting, I just wonder how much power they actually put back onto the grid and whether it is truly an option for providing enough power to supply major cities.

The tour was interesting... we could have lingered a little less near the garbage pit... I think all of our noses would have been much happier.





'MERICA!!!!
   
I know the incinerating is done in a contained area, but the pyromaniac in me wanted to see some stuff burn!!! The rest of the facility was not nearly as exciting as the pit, but it was interesting in it's own right.


After the trip I was very proud to live in such a forward thinking county, unlike our neighbors in collier county.

My failed attempt at taking a panoramic picture on my phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment